July 10, 2015

Emergency STOP and TP cable for display

I am using a small LCD display to show the status of the Arduino EVCU and up to now I have used a soldered wire between the Arduino and the display. That will not work when the Arduino and display are permanently mounted in the car so yesterday I replaced it with a standard TP (Twisted Pair) cable with RJ45 contacts which is normally used for Ethernet. The idea to use TP cable is so that I can have one cable installed in the car and another on the test bench. Installing the TP cable means soldering female RJ45 contacts to the Arduino and to the display. I will later change the display to a smaller (and blue) that will fit in the center console next to the JLD amp meter.
The display connected to the EVCU with a TP cable
The car needs to have an emergency stop button that breaks the high voltage circuit in case of an accident. Emergency stop buttons are usually large and ugly but I found a neat little button that fits the center console. When pressed, the button breaks the power to the Tyco contactor which then opens and shuts off the high voltage. Of course I managed to drill a hole in the console where it wouldn't fit :( so I'll have to find a new cover for that.
The pretty little STOP button and the TP cable for the display

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really adore investigating and taking after your post as I discover them to an uncommon degree enlightening and captivating. This post is practically as lighting up and in addition beguiling . Grateful to you for data you been putting on making your site such an intriguing. I gave something for my data.
    Best perfumes store online

    ReplyDelete