October 31, 2012

Brake parts arrived!

So, after long time thinking I have decided how to convert the brakes. In the front will go larger (280mm) disc brakes from a Golf IV. Since the A2 has built-in caliper holders, larger discs won't fit so I'll change the whole wheel bearing housing. I bought new rotors and pads and used calipers and wheel bearing housing. The wheel bearing housing also includes wheel bearings and hubs. I hope they will fit the A2 drive shafts!
In the rear go disc brakes also from a Golv IV with new rotors, calipers, pads, and splash guards. The caliper holders are the only thing missing now. They are ordered used from bildelsbasen.se. I will have to manufacture the adapters for the calipers also.
Now I really want to start converting brakes! However I need to get the car approved before I convert the brakes so that I can legally drive it for one more year. If I don't get it approved before dec 1:st it will become illegal to drive. And I can't get it approved after I changed the brakes. I have to wait until the whole is converted to electric to get the full approval.
So, I'll sit still and plan to start conversion the weekend after next.

No comments:

Post a Comment