December 26, 2012

Brake success!

At last all the pieces came together!
I assembled all the brakes part a couple of days ago and bled the brakes once. My daughter pumped the brake pedal and I opened and closed all the bleed nipples. The first test run was a disappointment! The brakes enganged very far down near the floor. So today I bled the brakes onece again. This time my wife pumped the pedal. I also used a one-way valve and had my wife pump the pedal with more force. More air bubbles came out and on the test drive the brakes felt OK. The ABS seems too work as does the ESP. I didn't want to push the brakes to much since you are supposed to run-in the brakes carefully the first kilometers. The car steers to the right, but this is expected since I have changed the front spindles and also mucked around with the rear wheels. I will have to do a wheel alignment of both the rear and front wheels. Don't know if I can do that myself or if I need a mechanic to do it for me.

It feels great to get the breakes together after two months of work!

Here are some pictures!
The front brakes...
... and with the wheel mounted.
The rear wheel
Detail from the rear brakes. Note the 1mm shim between the brake carrier and the adapter plate and the stuck wrech in the back ;-)
.
A snowy A2 after the first succesful test drive
The next step will be to try to fit handbrake cables. Next year...

1 comment:

  1. Hej,

    Jag är mycket intresserad av ditt bygge och elbilar i allmänhet. Jag skulle vilja komma i kontakt med dej. Min mail är tomas.burman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete