July 17, 2015

A whole lot of cables

Today I installed a thick bunch of cables between the driver footwell and the engine compartment. In the footwell is the EVCU, or controller computer, plus connections to stuff like the throttle potentiometer. In the engine compartment are things like the motor controller, the charger, the heater and water pump for cabin heat, and the vacuum pump and sensor for the power brakes. And they need a lot of cables to function properly.

All cables stripped before pulling
I pulled all the cables through the protective pipe which used to hold all the wiring between the old ECU (Engine Control Unit) and the engine. 

Brake through

Such a cable mess in the footwell. Need to be tidied up 😉

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see that the project is up and running again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter! I´m also converting an -00 A2 to electric and want to come in contact with you. You find me and my blog on Instagram audia2electric
    //Mattias, Alingsås

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there up in the north, how is the project going? I am also doing the project with Audi A2 at eldrift.net
    Can I come in contact with you somehow by phone, maybe you can send me a contact via my webpage?
    Reg. Esa, Kungälv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I only discovered your blog recently.
    having rear a number of articles & books on electric car conversion I must confess that I am impressed by the effort & attention to detail you put into this project. How is the project going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, you have done a great work! I have had an aluminium A2 for 10 years and I always dreamed to see the modifications you made to drive with electricity! Thank you very much for this part of dream come true. Have you been able to drive it, or is the project still at work? I was also dreaming to use the 1.4 petrol engine as a range extender, to an integrated mini EV serie mode fully electrical... But i'm only a dreamer ;) nice work again! Thanks a lot from France!

    ReplyDelete