July 25, 2013

A small step for man, but a huge leap for mankind

The A2 is now officially deiced. That is the ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) has been removed together with the exhaust.

I bought a garage hoist that did the job beutifully. I first had a plan to just let the engine down on a small garage trolley but I realise now that it would never have worked. The hoist cost about the same as two lithium cells ;) Maybe I can sell it later on.
The only thing left on the car now that has to do with gas propulsion is the gas tank which I will remove tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi truecyborg,
    Did you weigh the motor and the other removed parts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to weigh all parts and register their position in order to calculate the weight differences on the front and rear axles. But I haven't done that yet.

      Delete