July 4, 2013

Motor-transmission adapter

The motor to transmission adapter arrived today from Rebbl in the Netherlands. It is manufactured by Rebirth Auto in th US for VW New Beetle. It turns out it fits perfectly on the Audi A2 1.4 TDI transmission. Apart from the M12 and M10 bolts it needs two guide pins to find the right position so I have to get those.
Tha adapter on the transmission
Also, the VW Polo flywheel fits nicely onto the adapter.
However, the bolts that I bought from a VAG shop for the flywheel didnt fit. They are thread M10x1 and they can be threaded down half a turn but then they get stuck. I also tried a normal M10 (M10x1,5) but it didn't fit either. I guess it could be a UNC thread that is used in the US so I will ask Rebbl and Rebirth Auto about it.
Different threads?
Or, I realize now when looking at thread tables that it could be a M10x1,25. Will try to find one tomorrow and test.

No comments:

Post a Comment